Mr. Khaled Taher is a partner in the Taher Group Law Firm. He is a registered lawyer and admitted to appear before all Kuwaiti courts including the Court of Cassation and the Constitutional Court for nearly 33 years. He has also been registered on the “Permanent Bar” since 1985 when he obtained his Bachelors of Law degree from Kuwait University. He has been a member of the Kuwaiti Lawyers Association. Also he is a member of the Disciplinary Committee in the Bar, as well as a member of the Arbitration Center since 1985. He was a member of the Board of Directors of the BAR in 1992. He was appointed as the vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the BAR from 1997 to 2000. He is a registered Arbitrator in the Kuwait Bar Association since 2005. He dealt with major Homeland Security cases. The most important of which was the case of the late Emir Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
Specialization and experience:Mr. Alkhateeb is an international lawyer and arbitrator with over 33 years of experience in Commercial Law, Corporate Governance, Taxation and Commercial Arbitration. He has extensive experience in drafting and reviewing commercial and investment contracts, litigation and arbitration. He is one of the leading members of Taher Group Law Firm through his management of the commercial and investment companies and has pleaded in many important cases in all courts including the State Security Court.
Educational Qualifications:Bachelor of Law from Kuwait University, 1985
Professional registrations:He has been registered as a lawyer since 1985
Languages:Arabic and English (He supervises a team in Taher Group’s ‘International Department’ which is multi lingual : English, Hindi and Urdu )
- Has functioned as the editor of the weekly legal section of the Arab Times newspaper from the beginning of 1986 until 1994.
- He has a variety of press articles in the local newspapers to his credit.
- He has many posts in the media, television and radio.
- He participated in the course of the legal status of the arbitrator, which was held in Kuwait at the Kuwaiti Lawyers Association in 2007.
- He attended a course to develop the skills of the arbitrator, which was held at the Arbitration Center of Kuwait Lawyers Society in Kuwait.
- He holds a certificate of intellectual property protection from the Bright Future Institute for Studies and Training, which was held at the Intellectual Property Protection Conference of the Kuwaiti Lawyers Association.
- He participated in the course of the negotiation and contract cycle with three levels of the Islamic National Accord Movement.
- He participated in a course in public speaking and presentation from the Islamic National Accord Movement.
- He attended a course in communication skills in the Islamic National Accord Movement.
- He attended a course of political movements in Kuwait from the Islamic National Accord Movement.