on which he presided are the “Law Editing Committee”, “The law of rents” and the “Committee to amend the personal affairs laws”. He has published several prominent legal works in the State of Kuwait and the most important of which is the ’Statute of limitations in Kuwaiti Laws” and another book being the “Code of Criminalization and Punishment in Non Penal Laws”. His publications are a specialized guide in corporate governance, zakat and tax laws, responsibility and contribution of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry towards companies and arbitration of any disputes as well as some research papers in other fields. He has written a wide range of legal articles for the press out of which about 142 of them have been published in the press and includes television interviews and audio-visual participations, as well as participation in conferences, seminars and the presentation of several specialized legal courses.
Specialization and experience:Mr. Alkhateeb is an highly sought lawyer and arbitrator with over 50 years of experience in Commercial Law, Corporate Governance, Taxation and Commercial Arbitration. He has an extensive experience in drafting and reviewing commercial and investment contracts, dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration and has vast experience in representing foreign and local investors. For several decades, under his leadership, Taher Group has organized legal and commercial affairs for investment leaders and major international investment companies to meet their needs in accordance with local law.
Educational Qualifications:Bachelor of law from Cairo University, Egypt, 1969
Professional registrations:He is registered as a lawyer in the year 1969
Languages:Arabic (under his supervision in Taher Group Law Firm, the international department has speakers of English, Hindi and Urdu)
- A course of the management of an arbitration case held in the Kingdom of Bahrain during the 22nd and 25th of April 2007.
- Underwent a Training program for the management of the arbitration case – The art and experience, held in the Kingdom of Bahrain 13th – 19th of December 2006.
- Attended the fourth meeting of law firms and legal consultations in the GCC countries during the 7th – 19th of April 2007.
- Attended a conference on the sound management of companies (governance) reality and application held in Kuwait in 2007.
- He presided over the multilateral arbitration course by the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) from the 29th of September to the 01st of October 1996 in the State of Bahrain.
- He attended the course of basic rules in arbitration conducted by the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Gulf Cooperation Council states from the 26th to the 28th of November 1996 in the State of Bahrain.
- He received a certificate of attendance of arbitration seminar in the GCC countries (reality and prospects) by the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Gulf Cooperation Council States in Fujairah - United Arab Emirates from 31st January to the 1st of February 1999.
- He attended a course on time management procedures and experience in arbitration conducted by the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Gulf Cooperation Council states held in the city of Salalah - Sultanate of Oman during the period 21st to the 25th of 1999.