He is a registered Court Receiver at Kuwait's Ministry of Justice. He is also a registered arbitrator at the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He functioned as the head of the Constitution Defense Committee, and, the head of the Standing Committee for the Defense of Lawyers at the Kuwait Lawyers Association (BAR). He is the Director of the legal electronic newspaper (TAG) licensed by the Kuwaiti Ministry of Information. A columnist in Arab Times (weekly basis).Dr. Al-Khateeb contributed in to developing the local laws and proposed legislative amendments in the State of Kuwait, including the law of the medical profession, and the electronic legislative notification law. He also presented legislative proposals that allow the development of the court hearing system and contribute to the provision of litigation services electronically. He has also contributed towards the provision of specialized legal courses to leading private sector entities within the State of Kuwait. He specializes in criminal law, financial and corporate crimes and capital market crimes. Dr. Fawaz has represented many clients in numerous criminal cases including crimes, misdemeanours or crimes of national security, money laundering and terrorist accusations including criminal medical malpractice matters.
Specialization and experience:Mr. Alkhateeb is an international lawyer and arbitrator with over twelve years of experience in General and criminal law. He has extensive experience in pleading and defending before all courts in the State of Kuwait. He has worked on many cases including criminal, corporate and financial market crimes, national security, and money laundering cases. In addition to that he is adept in the field of criminal medical malpractice. Alkhateeb has also contributed towards the leadership of the international department ‘foreign’ and the management of legal affairs in the group.
Educational Qualifications:He holds a Bachelor of Laws from Kuwait University obtained in the year 2009, a Master of Laws from the University of Manchester, the United Kingdom in the year 2012 and obtained his PhD in Financial Law from Durham University, in the United Kingdom 2021.
Professional registrations:He is registered as a lawyer since 2009
Languages:Arabic and English
- "Insider Dealing: From an Islamic Perspective" (Doctoral thesis, Durham University 2020). Link
- "Doing Business in the State of Kuwait: An Overview" (Thomson Reuters, Q & A, ِAugust 2020). Link
- "Reducing Corporate Responsibility: Advice from the External Consultant" (Association of Institutional Advisors ‘ACC’ 2017) p 34. Link
- "The Impact of Economic Theory on Corporate Law in the United Kingdom and the State of Kuwait - Comparative Study", (JD Supra, LLC 2012). Link
- "Building Consistent and Stable Countries" (Kuwait National Consensus Conference INCM Conference Paper - April 2014).
- Master Thesis, "Monetary Evaluation of Cases in which Courts raise the Legal Cover of Holding and Subsidiary Companies - Comparative Study between the State of Kuwait and the United Kingdom", (the UK: University of Manchester 2012).
- "Explaining the rules of the profession of a lawyer and the legal pursuers", (Kuwait: Kuwait University 2008) - nominated as the best research at Kuwait University Faculty of Law - in 2008.
- Research on "Rights and Freedoms in Kuwaiti Law", (Kuwait: Kuwait University, Faculty of Law, 2006).
Events, Courses and Symposia: