Fawaz Khaled AlkhateebDownload CV
Dr. Fawaz Alkhateeb, Partner and Director at Taher Group Law Firm, is a seasoned practitioner admitted to practice before all courts in Kuwait, inclusive of the Constitutional and Supreme Courts. He graduated from Kuwait University with a Bachelor of Law Degree in 2009, furthered his studies with a Master's degree in Corporate Law from the University of Manchester, UK, in 2012, and completed his education with a PhD in Finance Law from Durham University, UK, in 2021.
Dr. Alkhateeb's professional journey has allowed him to serve various esteemed institutions. He was a coordinator and associate member at Durham University's Institute of Commercial and Corporate Law from 2018 to 2020 and served as a Teaching Assistant at Kuwait International Law School (KILAW) from 2014 to 2015. Currently, he fulfills the role of Visiting Assistant Professor of Law at KILAW and holds a position on the Kuwait Institute of Law and Legal Studies Board of Directors.
Past notable affiliations include Clifford Chance Law Firm, Hill Dickinson Law Firm, and the University of Manchester in 2012, where Dr. Alkhateeb distinguished himself as a legal scholar at the British Legal Counselling Centre in Manchester.
Within the Taher Group Law Firm, Dr. Alkhateeb chairs the Quality Committee and spearheads audits of the Comprehensive Quality Management System (ISO 9001) for the firm's branches in Kuwait and Cairo. Since 2014, he has been a Certified Quality Auditor with the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA).
Moreover, Dr. Alkhateeb is a registered legal guardian with the Judicial Court - Ministry of Justice in Kuwait and has been serving as an arbitrator with the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Arbitration Center of the Kuwaiti Lawyers Association (BAR) since 2015.
Throughout his distinguished career, he has chaired multiple legal committees. In 2022, he received an appointment as a financial advisor to the Office of His Excellency the Minister of Finance. He has also authored numerous research papers and legal studies, with his work primarily focusing on financial law, corporate law, capital markets, financial criminal law, and corporate crimes.
Specialization and experience:
Dr. Alkhateeb is an international lawyer and arbitrator with over fourteen years of experience in General and criminal law. He has extensive experience in pleading and defending before all courts in Kuwait. He has worked on many cases, including criminal, corporate and financial market crimes, national security, and money laundering cases; in addition to that, he is adept in the field of criminal medical malpractice. Alkhateeb has also contributed towards the leadership of the international department ‘foreign’ and the management of legal affairs in the group.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws from Kuwait University, obtained in the year 2009, a Master of Laws from the University of Manchester, the United Kingdom, in the year 2012 and obtained his PhD in Financial Law from Durham University, in the United Kingdom in 2021.
He is registered as a lawyer since 2009
Arabic and English
Articles and research:
- "Kuwait: Securitisation - A Q&A Overview of Securitisation Laws and Regulations in Kuwait." Legal 500 (June 2023). Link
- "Kuwait: Litigation - A Q&A Overview of Litigation Laws and Regulations in Kuwait." Legal 500 (June 2023). Link
- "Doing Business in the State of Kuwait: An Overview" (Thomson Reuters, Q & A, ِAugust 2022). Link
- "Insider Dealing: From an Islamic Perspective" (Doctoral thesis, Durham University 2021). Link
- "Reducing Corporate Responsibility: Advice from the External Consultant" (Association of Institutional Advisors ‘ACC’ 2017) p 34. Link
- "The Impact of Economic Theory on Corporate Law in the United Kingdom and the State of Kuwait - Comparative Study", (JD Supra, LLC 2012). Link
- "Building Consistent and Stable Countries" (Kuwait National Consensus Conference INCM Conference Paper - April 2014).
- Master Thesis, "Monetary Evaluation of Cases in which Courts raise the Legal Cover of Holding and Subsidiary Companies - Comparative Study between the State of Kuwait and the United Kingdom", (the UK: University of Manchester 2012).
- "Explaining the rules of the profession of a lawyer and the legal pursuers", (Kuwait: Kuwait University 2008) - nominated as the best research at Kuwait University Faculty of Law - in 2008.
- Research on "Rights and Freedoms in Kuwaiti Law", (Kuwait: Kuwait University, Faculty of Law, 2006).
Alkhateeb secured the First rank in the Kuwait Chess Championship of the year 2000. From October 2014 to 2017, he served as Vice Chairman and a member of the Board of Directors for the Kuwait Mind Sports Association. Alkhateeb is also a certified chess arbiter, accredited by the International Chess Federation and the Center of Leadership Development - Kuwait in 2015.